- Updated weeks navigation and schedule parsing code to work properly for 2011
- Modified widget navigation. The bottom navigation buttons have been removed and replaced with a "drop-down" style menu that is triggered by clicking on the title. For more information, please refer to this page.
- Added functionality to allow creation of a list of "My Teams", which will be displayed under the title navigation drop-down, above and separate from the full list of teams. Double-clicking on the main body of the widget, not the logo or the title, when in Team Schedule view will cycle through "My Teams". Click here for instructions on setting up My Teams; links go to MLB since I haven't finished documentation for this widget yet, but the functionality is the same.
- Added a "Home Team" Preference. To quickly load the schedule for your Home Team from any view, click the star in the title navigation area. The "Home Team" will also appear under the title navigation drop-down, above the list of "My Teams" (if specified).
- Added a Playoffs Bracket view
- Modified Sirius view to now be "SiriusXM". Satellite feed can be chosen under the drop-down title navigation. Click here for more information; link goes to MLB since I haven't finished documentation for this widget yet, but the functionality is the same.
- Added ability to jump to a date (e.g. October 20) as well as a specific NFL week in Upcoming Schedule view
- Added highlighting for the Home Team in Standings and Upcoming Schedule views. The default colors are green and yellow, respectively, but this can be changed via the Additional Color Preferences window. The "Home Game" color for the conference is used for the Home Team highlight. Click here for instructions; link goes to MLB since I haven't finished documentation for this widget yet, but the functionality is the same.
- Added a Preference to hide menu navigation options for SiriusXM and DirecTV for those users that do not subscribe to those services. Click here for instructions; link goes to MLB since I haven't finished documentation for this widget yet, but the functionality is the same.
- Added a Preference to show record info for the team in the widget title area or the last row
- Sped up the "save" on the Additional Color Preferences window. Link goes to MLB since I haven't finished documentation for this widget yet, but the functionality is the same.
- Removed the long "instructions" from the Additional Color Preferences window and added a "help" button instead
- Modified License/Readme window to allow the displayed text to be selected and copied. Unfortunately, due to a bug in the Yahoo! Widget Engine, this only works on the Mac.
- Internal enhancements to facilitate code maintenance and to reduce the memory footprint
- Updated the URL used when scraping standings and team record information
- Fixed some issues caused by ESPN layout changes in 2010
- Added the proper dates for the 2010 NFL weeks
- Fixed several problems with displaying the Sirius schedule
- Added Preference for "show preseason games in Team Schedule" since ESPN.com always shows the preseason games now; previously, they removed preseason games once the regular season started. If this preference is checked, preseason games are displayed. If unchecked, preseason games are hidden. The default is unchecked.
- Updated the next/previous images used when cycling through conferences
- Undid the "lost/disappearing widget" fix instituted in 2.3.3 since this caused issues (the widget didn't retain its position if located on the non-primary monitor) on systems with multiple monitors.
- Modifications to handle the changed ESPN layout
- Added the proper dates for the 2009 NFL weeks
- Fixed some minor issues with applying the proper style in Standings view
- Updated the NFL logo to be the new 2008 logo
- Modifications necessary since ESPN changed their layout a wee bit
- Added the proper dates for the 2008 NFL weeks
- Fixed some problems, such as data appearing in the wrong columns and the team record not showing properly in the dock, caused by changes in the layout on ESPN.com
- Fixed a minor bug with using the SHIFT key to select a range of items on the Additional Preferences window
- Changed the header row from black to gold for the Kansas City Chiefs
- Fixed some awkwardness with the loading of the Additional Preferences window
- Fixed some bugs (most of which were only apparent on a Mac) with the Additional Preferences window
- Optimized image sizes and modified next and previous team buttons to colorize properly on both Windows and Mac
- Fixed some minor dock issues
- Made the transition smoother (visually) when switching between views (tv/upcoming schedule, team schedule, standings), when changing conferences in standings view, and when changing teams in team schedule view
- Improved appearance if no data is returned (e.g. if website is down)
- Fixed a minor bug with retrieving regular season games in "network tv" view if the year selected was not the current season year
- Added a "saving" indicator graphic to the Additional Preferences window to let the user know the widget is busy
- Fixed a minor bug with selecting multiple entries on the Additional Preferences window
- Changes concerning the "import skin" functionality: added better error handling; also made some changes as a work-around for a bug in the "extension" attribute for the file "selector" form field/preference in Yahoo! Widgets 4.0
- Minor change to handle an element in the skin XML file that I had previously been ignoring
- Fixed a bug with tabbing between text boxes on the Additional Preferences window
- Tidied up wording and case for the context menu items
- When "show title" is unchecked, the previous/next team buttons and toggle conference button are now made invisible at the same time the title text is made invisible
- Fixed a bug, caused by a change in ESPN's layout, where the "standings" view would sometimes include part of the Glossary (as displayed on ESPN's site)
- Fixed a bug that caused the title to be aligned incorrectly if the following occurred in this order: (1) "show title in row" is checked, (2) "title alignment in row" is set to "right" or "center", (3) a column is hidden or shown via the "hide column" or "show all columns" context menu items (not the related Preferences), and (3) "show title in row" is unchecked
- Added the "Refresh" button to the Sirius and DirecTV views since there was no reason not to display it
- Made some changes to the code that imports skins (specifically the code that handles the buttonRow)
- Internal code changes to the code that handles the display of the Sirius schedule and other code that is shared with the CFL widget
- Now I resize the plus/minus and adjust the hOffset accordingly when the logo is resized
- Fixed a bug with the logo overlap code
- Added tooltips to the next/previous buttons since their function (e.g. cycling through weeks or years) changes based on view (tv schedule, standings, team schedule, etc)
- When switching to standings view (from Network, team, Sirius, or DirecTV view), the initial conference displayed will be the one associated with the currently selected team
- Fixed some minor issues with the title alignment
- Fixed a minor issue where the dock wouldn't update immediately if it had been open, and then closed, and then opened again
- Fixed an error related to trying to view the DirecTV schedule during a month where there are no games on the NFL Sunday ticket
- Fixed a bug with displaying the Sirius schedule on the last day of the month
- Modified dock record code to display W-L-T if there is a "tie" portion; if there is no "tie", the record is still displayed as W-L)
- Fixed a bug with showing the 'P' indicator for pre-season record in the dock (the P wasn't showing properly if the user wasn't viewing the current NFL week)
- Fixed a bug that occurred under rare circumstances when upgrading from 1.3.3 to 2.0; the bug would cause the widget to not load properly, but "Restoring Default Widget Preferences" acted as a temporary workaround
- Fixed a bug with the next/previous year buttons not showing in Standings mode if you were in Sirius or DirecTV mode immediately before you switched to Standings
- Fixed a bug with not being able to view standings by division
- Changed the minimum year from 2001 to 2000, since I just realized ESPN has data going back that far
- Fixed a minor bug with applying the "logo opacity" preference
- Fixed a minor bug with cycling thru the NFL weeks while in Network TV view
- Internal code changes related to the population of the "week" list in the Preferences
- Fixed a bug with exporting the Default skin
- Fixed a bug that caused the title to be aligned incorrectly if "Show Title in Row" was checked and then later unchecked
- Fixed a bug where the previous/next team buttons or the toggle conference button appeared even if "show title" was unchecked
- Fixed a problem caused by ESPN changing their layout. AGAIN. This change caused a variety of problems, most notably the time not being adjusted according to the "time zone" selected
- Fixed a minor bug where the dock wasn't included as part of the "restore default widget preferences"
- Fixed a minor bug where the dock didn't reflect the selected team if you were viewing data for a past year (i.e. 2006) and changed teams
- Fixed a minor bug with the "required" column in Network TV Schedule view
- Changed the default Header Text colors for the NFL, AFC, and NFC styles since those don't have a different header row. This change will only affect new users, or users who restore the default Preferences.
- Fixed a minor issue with restoring default preferences; if the Default Skin was already selected, the default preferences weren't actually applied until restart (which was incorrect behavior)
- Updated to work with "Yahoo! Widgets 4"
- Added a Custom Preferences window to allow user to set text (header, home, away, etc) colors and shadows for each team and to allow the user to "preview" their changes before saving. When I added the ability to set text colors and shadows based on team, I changed how this information is stored. Unfortunately, you will need to respecify these colors and shadows since there was no easy way to migrate them and keep the code (relatively) clean.
- Fixed some bugs caused by a change in the 2007 listings on ESPN.com's site.
- Added integration with the Sirius widget. You must have the Sirius widget installed and be a Sirius subscriber in order for the functionality listed below to work.
- If you are viewing the "Sirius" schedule, clicking on the "Home" or "Away" channel will launch the Sirius widget and tune to that channel.
- A context menu item, which is invoked by right-clicking (Windows) or CTRL-clicking (Mac) on the widget, enables you to launch the NFL channel on Sirius. Currently, the NFL channel is set to 124, but this channel is stored as a Preference in case Sirius moves it in the future.
- Added more columns for completed games in "Team" view (similar to the NHL widget). The newly added columns are: W-L, HI PASSING, HI RUSHING, HI RECEIVING
- Added a row style for each conference (similar to the NHL widget). Consequently, the "style" Preferences have changed.
- Added a row style for each team (similar to the NHL widget). Consequently, the "style" Preferences have changed.
- Added ability to scroll through teams using previous and next buttons (similar to the NHL widget)
- Made it easier to toggle between the AFC and NFC conferences using new toggle buttons
- Added the ability to show/hide columns from the context menu. The context menu is invoked by right-clicking (Windows) or CTRL-clicking (Mac) on the widget.
- Improved the resize algorithm. The widget has always resized itself based on the size of the font chosen for the main text of the table. However, now the buttons resize as well and the table grid resizes itself more properly :-) To make the widget as small as possible, choose a font size of 8 from the Preferences.
- Made the widget skinnable.
- Reorganized the context menu. The context menu is invoked by right-clicking (Windows) or CTRL-clicking (Mac) on the widget.
- Added "Export Default Skin" (a submenu of "Skin Management") to the context menu to assist people with creating their own skins
- Made the "View Readme" and "View License" window fancier
- Fixed some bugs with importing skins
- Internal code changes that address a security vulnerability in the Yahoo! Widget Engine
- Fixed a minor bug with Restoring Default Preferences if the widget was minimized
- Added ability to jump to a team from the context menu rather than use the previous/next buttons or the Preferences window
- Added a more prominent "loading/retrieving" indicator, which can be turned on/off via the Preferences
- Added better error checking around the exporting and importing of skins
- Internal code changes: improved error handling/checking
- Fixed a bug/typo with adjusting the time (for the selected time zone) if the time was 12:00 pm
- Modified the widget so that the time zone indicator appears only in the header and not for each time; doing so makes the time column narrower (always a good thing)
- Added UUID to widget.xml file to check for updates from the Gallery. The existing update check from my site will also remain in place, but if my site is having bandwidth issues, I will be able to upload the widget to the gallery and the auto-update will work. Read more about it here
- Modified the widget to work with the new post-season format on ESPN's site
- Cleaned up the logo for the Detroit Lions
- Made the code 3.0-compliant, which will hopefully fix the "non-loading widget problem"
- Modified the "check for newer version" code to work with the new layout on orbona
- Fixed a bug with the display of the NFL week in the Preferences dropdown
- Added ability to specify if the logo overlaps the schedule, which was the default behavior in previous versions since I liked the overlapping with certain logos (such as the Redskins)
- Made it easier to switch between team schedule view and Network/DirecTV/Sirius and conference standings by adding buttons
- Added ability to "Restore Default Widget Preferences"
- Modified fade-in/out of the buttons
- Because of a change in the layout on NFL.com, I was forced to modify how the information for DirecTV and Sirius is displayed in my widget. It is no longer possible (well, I suppose it is, but I am not willing to put in the amount of work to support that functionality) to show both Sirius and DirecTV in one view or to display the DirecTV information by NFL week. Therefore, I have separated Sirius and DirecTV, and both views show information for one day. Also, these views do NOT show the outcome for completed games.
- Added the ability to set the background opacity and text color for the top 8 teams separately from teams that are not in the top 8 in order to make it easier to quickly see who is is currently in the top 8
- Added ability to set the text color for the Network/DirecTV/Sirius view separately from the text color for the "Team" view
- Allow user to specify the padding between columns
- Fixed the problem where the widget disappeared off the screen. The logo is now the "anchor" when positioning the logo and moving next or previous.
- Allow the user to specify colors for Network/DirecTV/Sirius and Standings views to allow them to choose the team colors or the standard NFL colors (red/blue)
- Added ability to resize logo
- Added optional shadowing to the title text and "retrieving data" text
- Added conference standings by conference and division
- Added overall team record to the title line
- Added time zones for Hawaii and Alaska
- Changed all fetch to fetchAsync
- Added a refresh button so the user doesn't have to go through the context menu
- Added better handling for the display of the post season games
- Modified the plus/minus to appear when the mouse rolls into the widget and disappear when the mouse rolls out in addition to on gain/lost focus (kept both because of issues on my mac)
- Added a "check for newer version" feature to the Preferences window (to check for newer version on startup) and the context menu (to check for newer version now)
- Added fading to the plus, minus, previous, and next buttons/images
- Added better error handling so that the widget won't crash and burn if no data is returned
- NFL.com changed their site and broke my widget; this release contains a fix and the addition of the "Sirius (A/H)" column to display the Sirius streams
- Added ability to position the logo at any corner of the schedule (in case you want to align the widget against the edge of the screen)
- Modified to scrape "Upcoming Games" information from nfl.com instead of using a text file (and it is now called "League Games)
- Because I am now scraping from a web site for TV information for the "League Games" option, the score will be included if the game is in progress or completed
- Added ability to select time zone. The time zone feature only works for U.S. locations, but since I doubt people outside the US will run a football widget that shows US TV stations, I have no plans to expand this functionality.
- Added next and previous buttons. If viewing "League Games", these buttons will cycle through the NFL weeks. If viewing games for a specific team, these buttons will cycle through the years (2001 present) available on ESPN. These buttons appear in the lower left corner of the widget if the logo isn't in the lower left corner. If the logo is positioned in the lower left corner, then these buttons appear in the lower right corner. These buttons are hidden until the mouse rolls over the widget, so if you're wondering where they are, move your mouse over the schedule and look in the lower left (or right, depending on your logo location) of the widget.
- Added a "status" label to indicate when it is retrieving data
- Switched the license to Creative Commons since someone reused my code and didn't give me credit
- Modified the plus and minus graphics since they were difficult (for me anyway) to click