- Fixed data retrieval problems (including retrieving the record to display in the dock) caused by 2010 layout changes on ESPN.com
- Fixed a problem (the non-header columns were off-by-one) with retrieving the standings
- Updated the next/previous images used when cycling through conferences
- Fixed another problem with retrieving the standings
- Fixed some spelling mistakes
- Fixed a problem, cause by a change on ESPN.com, with retrieving the standings
- Fixed some issues with translating the ESPN tv logo images to text
- Fixed some problems caused by major changes in the layout on ESPN.com
- Optimized image sizes and modified toggle conference button to colorize properly on both Windows and Mac
- Modified some of the default skin settings for the Pacers and the Sixers
- Fixed a minor bug with displaying the conference standings
- Added "Visit Team Site" to the context menu
- Added Preferences to allow the user to specify the team web site and the schedule title
- Changes concerning the "import skin" functionality: added better error handling; also made some changes as a work-around for a bug in the "extension" attribute for the file "selector" form field/preference in Yahoo! Widgets 4.0
- Minor change to handle an element in the skin XML file that I had previously been ignoring
- Tidied up wording and case for the context menu items
- When "show title" is unchecked, the toggle conference button is now made invisible at the same time the title text is made invisible
- Fixed a bug that caused the title to be aligned incorrectly if the following occurred in this order: (1) "show title in row" is checked, (2) "title alignment in row" is set to "right" or "center", (3) a column is hidden or shown via the "hide column" or "show all columns" context menu items (not the related Preferences), and (3) "show title in row" is unchecked
- Fixed a bug with calculating the time based on the time zone offset; this bug only occured if the time was between 1 and 3 AM ET (Lakers, I'm lookin' at you)
- Fixed a problem with the "Detroit Pistons" skin (only applies to the Detroit version of this widget)
- Made the transition smoother (visually) when switching between schedule and standings view and when changing conferences in standings view
- Fixed some minor bugs with the listing of the columns in the Preferences
- Made some changes to the code that imports skins (specifically the code that handles the buttonRow)
- The logo is now resizable. Why, you ask? Because I like things to be customizable. And my monitors do not all have the same resolution.
- Fixed a bug with the skin and the application of a new image to the schedule/standings button
- Added tooltips to the next/previous buttons since their function (e.g. cycling through months or years) changes based on view (schedule or standings)
- Internal code cleanup related to the LocationIndices
- Internal code changes
- Fixed a bug that caused the title to be aligned incorrectly if "Show Title in Row" was checked and then later unchecked
- Fixed a bug with importing skins
- Fixed a minor bug with applying the "logo opacity" preference
- Internal code changes that address a security vulnerability in the Yahoo! Widget Engine
- Fixed a minor bug with Restoring Default Preferences if the widget was minimized
- Added a more prominent "loading/retrieving" indicator, which can be turned on/off via the Preferences
- Added better error checking around the exporting and importing of skins
- Internal code changes: improved error handling/checking
- Fixed a bug/typo with adjusting the time (for the selected time zone) if the time was 12:00 pm
- Fixed a bug where the "high pts" was always empty
- Fixed some problems with displaying the preseason games; these problems were caused by a layout change on ESPN's site
- Modified the time zone adjustment function to handle cases where the start time occurs between 12:00 am and 3:00 am. A time zone change in this case could affect the date (and day of week) as well as the time. I had deliberately omitted handling this because I hadn't thought there would be any games in the wee hours of the morning, but I realized I was wrong because the Lakers have some games at 1:00 am ET (on 10/10/2007 and 10/12/2007).
- Added better indicators (in the Header row) for Preseason, Regular Season, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals
- Added semicolons (;) if more than one player appeared in the Hi Pts, Hi Reb, Hi Asst columns (to improve readability)
- Modified the widget so that the time zone indicator appears only in the header and not for each time; doing so makes the time column narrower (always a good thing)
- Added UUID to widget.xml file to check for updates from the Gallery. The existing update check from my site will also remain in place, but if my site is having bandwidth issues, I will be able to upload the widget to the gallery and the auto-update will work. Read more about it here
- Updated to work with "Yahoo! Widgets 4"
- Fixed a bug with showing post season games
- Made it easier to toggle between the Eastern and Western conferences via new toggle button
- Added the ability to show/hide columns from the context menu. The context menu is invoked by right-clicking (Windows) or CTRL-clicking (Mac) on the widget.
- Improved the resize algorithm. The widget has always resized itself based on the size of the font chosen for the main text of the table. However, now the buttons resize as well and the table grid resizes itself more properly :-) To make the widget as small as possible, choose a font size of 8 from the Preferences.
- Made the widget skinnable.
- Reorganized the context menu. The context menu is invoked by right-clicking (Windows) or CTRL-clicking (Mac) on the widget.
- Added "Export Default Skin" (a submenu of "Skin Management") to the context menu to assist people with creating their own skins
- Made the "View Readme" and "View License" window fancier
- Added more shadowing options for the text. These are now on the "Fonts" page in the Preferences
- Added ability to display team record when viewing team schedule
- Fixed some bugs with importing skins
- Modified the "check for newer version" code to work with the new layout on orbona
- Fixed a bug with marking games as "Preseason"
- NBA.com changed their layout, so I remove that as an option for the "data source"
- Made the code 3.0-compliant, which will hopefully fix the "non-loading widget" problem
- Standardized version numbers, about, readme, and license across all NBA widgets
- Fixed a problem with retrieving 2006-07 schedule
- Added optional shadowing to the title text and "retrieving data" text
- Added better handling in case there is no internet connection
- Allow user to specify the padding between columns
- Fixed the problem (again! but this fix should work) where the widget disappeared off the screen. The logo is now the "anchor" when positioning the logo, moving next or previous, or switching the view between schedule and standings.
- Allow the user to specify text color and background opacity for teams in the Top 8 independently of teams not in the top 8
- Added "DIFF" column in show standings view, which was causing an off-by one error
- Fixed a bug related to positioning on dual-display systems. This bug was introduced in the previous version.
- Since all NBA widgets have the same codebase, I standardized version numbers to make my life easier
- Added better handling if no data is retrieved for a particular month
- Modified the fade-in/out of the buttons
- Added handling so the widget shouldn't disappear off the screen, which so far has only happened with my NHL widget, but I added it as a preventive measure
- Fixed a bug with identifying and retrieving data for the last month in the schedule
- Added buttons to facilitate switching between "standings" and "schedule" view
- Revamped the code to be easier to modify in the future
- Added the ability to restore default preferences via the context menu
- Added more options to the context menu, such as Show Western Conference if viewing Eastern (and vice verse) and Show Conference Standings by Division or Conference when in conference view
- Added ability to scrape ESPN (which has the Hi Assist col) or AOL (which has better satellite and radio info)
- Added ability to toggle conference standings
- Changed all "fetch" to "fetchAsync" to improve performance
- Added better handling if the widget tries to refresh and there is no internet connection or it can't contact the website
- Added a refresh button so the user doesn't have to go through the context menu
- Default "display month" to current month when widget loads
- Fixed a problem with the code to strip HTML character codes on OSX
- Modified the widget so it tries to refresh at least once every 24 hours
- Modified the widget so it refreshes on wake from sleep
- Fixed a problem related to showing the previous row's data if table cell data is blank or non-existant
- The AOL NBA site is completely messed up. They aren't closing all their HTML tags, which is throwing my widget into a wacked out state. It's amazing that it was working at all. Anyway, this version contains a fix for the AOL badness, but there's a good chance that I will have to make another version if AOL cleans up their site.
- Added code to remove special characters from the HTML before displaying it in the widget
- Modified 200N to display as '0N (e.g. '05 instead of 2005) to save space